Healthy City Stewardship Centre
United Way is a member organization of the Healthy City Stewardship Centre (HCSC) which was created in 2004 and whose mandate is to work proactively and collaboratively toward the betterment of the health of the people of Mississauga. The development of a health plan is the first priority of the Stewardship Centre; the health plan would outline priority local health concerns which the HCSC member organizations would proactively and collectively work to better over the next 5 years (2006 - 2010).
The vision of the HCSC is that
- Mississauga will be a healthy city of people with optimal physical, mental and spiritual health.
The goals of the HCSC are that:
- All people in Mississauga will value and strive for optimal health.
- All people in Mississauga will feel safe in their communities.
- All people in Mississauga will have equal access to information and services.
- All people in Mississauga will live in and contribute to a clean and sustainable environment.
- All people in Mississauga will feel part of a larger community and will know that they will be cared for in times of need.
For more information, visit http://www.mississauga.ca/portal/cityhall/stewardship.