United Way of Peel Regions Says Thanks a Million to GE Canada and PepsiCo Canada
June 22, 2012
MISSISSAUGA– BRAMPTON: BRAMPTON: It seems to have become a tradition, and a very good one at that.
Today, at its annual general meeting, United Way said thanks a million to two national campaign supporters with head offices in our region. GE Canada and PepsiCo Canada each raised more than $1-million in 2011 for the United Way movement across the country.
Thanks a Million is an honour United Way Centraide Canada bestows on Canada’s leading organizations that, together with their employees or members, have raised $1-million or more in support of United Way Centraide in a campaign year.
Fifty-eight additional Thanks a Million honorees with locations in Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga, but head offices elsewhere, were also acknowledged.*
“United Way inspires people from all walks of life to come together to raise funds, volunteer and stimulate policy and attitude changes. That’s how change will happen,” says United Way of Peel Region CEO Shelley White. “Strong partners, like GE Canada and PepsiCo Canada, helping to move our mission forward will improve lives and build community.”
Thanks a Million GE Canada
GE Canada was celebrated for receiving the award for the fifth consecutive year.
United Way’s Chief Development Officer Marilyn Friedmann told 200 guests at the meeting, “When it comes to their United Way campaign, GE Canada is dedicated to ‘Living Healthy. Living United’. She continued by saying, “Every GE business across the country had a United Way champion whose job was to build spirit and enthusiasm for the campaign. Their efforts resulted in a 33% increase in donors over the previous year.”
Thanks a Million PepsiCo Canada
This is the third time PepsiCo Canada has been honoured with the Thanks a Million Award.
“PepsiCo Canada’s vision is one of Performance with Purpose,” said Friedmann. “It is committed to improving all aspects of the communities in which they operate. We are inspired by their like-minded dedication to creating a better tomorrow.”
For the second consecutive year, PepsiCo initiated a $100,000 Leadership Challenge Grant for pledges of $1,000 or more; $50,000 came from PepsiCo Foods and $50,000 from PepsiCo Beverages. United Way was able to leverage this challenge beyond their company.
* United Way Centraide Canada Thanks a Million Award Recipients with locations in Peel Region
- Bell Canada, its employees and retirees
- Best Buy & Future Shop
- BMO Financial Group
- Canada Border Services Agency
- Canada Post and its employees across Canada
- Canada Revenue Agency
- CGI Group and its employees
- Chrysler Canada Inc.
- CN and its employees
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- Department of National Defence
- Esso Imperial Oil, and their Employees and Annuitants/ExxonMobil
- Canada, and their employees and annuitants
- Ford Motor Company of Canada, Limited and its employees
- GE Canada
- Government of Canada Workplace Charitable Campaign
- Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life
- Human Resources and Skills Development
- IBM Canada Ltd., its employees and retirees
- Intact Financial Corporation
- Kraft Canada
- Manulife Financial
- National Bank, its employees and retirees
- Ontario Government employees and retirees
- PCL family of companies
- PepsiCo Canada: PepsiCo Beverages Canada; PepsiCoFoods Canada
- Pratt & Whitney Canada, and its employees
- Public Works and Government Services Canada
- Procter & Gamble Inc.
- Rogers Communications Inc.
- Scotiabank Group
- Sun Life Financial
- Suncor Energy Inc.
- TD Bank Financial Group
- TransAlta Corporation
- UPS Canada/UPS SCS Canada
- WorleyParsons Canada Services
Labour & Union Organizations
- Amalgamated Transit Union (ATU)
- Canadian Federation of Nurses Union and its member organizations (CFNU)
- Canadian Labour Congress (CLC)
- Canadian Office and Professional Employees’ Union (COPE)
- Canadian Union of Postal Workers (CUPW)
- Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE)
- Communications, Energy and Paperworkers Union of Canada (CEP)
- International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF)
- Internal Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM&AW)
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW)
- National Union of Public and General Employees and its component unions (NUPGE)
- Ontario Public Service Employees Union (OPSEU)
- Public Service Alliance of Canada (PSAC)
- Service Employees International Union (SEIU)
- Teamsters Canada (TC)
- UNITE HERE
- United Food and Commercial Workers International Union (UFCW)
- United Steelworkers (USW)
For More Information Contact:
Vice President, Communications & Marketing
Office: 905-602-3624 | Cell: 416-420-9975