Job Position: Tax Clinic Coordinator
Status: Monday to Friday – 20 hours per week 3:00pm – 7:00pm; March 1st – April 30th, 2018
Compensation: $16.50 per hour
Indus Community Services is an accredited, not-for-profit community benefit organization that has served local communities for over 32 years. We are a registered charity, supported by our donors and by all three levels of government. Through our professional staff, we are a leader in the provision of culturally appropriate services to newcomers, families, women & seniors.
Vision: Leaders in building strong and supportive communities.
Mission: Supporting our growing communities to manage change through quality client-centered social & health services and responsive public education.
Annually, Indus Community Services hosts free community income tax clinics during March and April. Low income residents including youth, families, newcomers and Syrian refugees are eligible to access this free service. The free income tax clinic is run in partnership with the Canada Revenue Agency who helps to screen, register, and train volunteers to complete on-line tax preparations and by United Way of Peel.
Responsibilities and Duties: (but not limited to)
- Coordinate the evening tax clinic programs, including CRA volunteers, space set-up, client screening and scheduling of appointments.
- Coordinate and facilitate the delivery of education and awareness sessions on the following identified topics: RESP, Canada Learning Bonds and various government benefits such as child tax benefits, GST/HST and disability credits.
- Assist with clerical tasks and data entry to ensure all services are properly documented.
- Perform other duties as required
Qualifications and Skills:
- 3-5 years’ experience providing customer service to the public plus experience with volunteer coordination and program or project coordination.
- Demonstrates strong computer, organizational, and customer service skills.
- Experience with on-line tax preparation software (UFile, TurboTax, Netfile etc) preferred, but not required.
- Strong interpersonal skills, critical thinking, problem solving and initiative.
- Demonstrated verbal & written English communication skills and an additional language an asset.
- Commitment to a professional work ethic, working cooperatively and collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders while demonstrating a strong customer service orientation
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision as well as collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment and a strong understanding of inclusive and equitable service
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and to work from any one of the agency’s sites.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application, including a complete resume of qualifications and experience, electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00pm, January 30th, 2018. Please ensure your application email has the subject heading of ‘Tax Clinic Coordinator - (insert your name)’
This job posting is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Indus Community Services is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse populations we serve. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Posting Date: January 17th, 2018