We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Dixie Bloor Neighbourhood Centre is an equal opportunity employer
Programs offered are free of charge and responsive to the needs of the community
Are you the kind of person who loves to develop and execute Social Media strategies? Are you excited to drive sustained impact in the community? Do you have the passion to take our services viral through innovative online and social media campaigns?
We are looking for a “Master Builder” to lead the social media engagement of Dixie Bloor Neighbourhood Center using non-paid social media strategies and solutions to heighten awareness of our services to residents, businesses, and stakeholders. Dixie Bloor is an outstanding, non-profit, multi-service agency serving 40,000 people per year in Mississauga.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Social Media Strategist will be responsible for developing and implementing an agency-wide social media strategy by
1) Creating, implementing, and managing the agency social media plan and
2) Transforming the culture within the organization to be interactive in the digital space.
· Provide sound and responsible social media content strategy and planning
· Create online conversations through social media engagement and quickly grow social pages
· Educate teams on platforms, strategies, and practices to achieve the best exposure
· Ensure every interaction creatively delights the organization’s stakeholders and clients
· Track and evaluate social media achievements through relative and quantitative reporting
· Provide solutions for staff in their use of tools and services
· Exhibit solid communication skills
· Education in Communications, Advertising, or Marketing preferred
· Proven experience developing social media and content strategy solutions
· Minimum of 4 years experience in a creative or digital agency environment
· Comprehensive understanding of social media advertising and optimization practices across Facebook, LinkedIn, You Tube, Twitter, and Instagram
· Awareness of the latest trends including advertising formats, channels, and technologies in order to improve outreach and marketing outcomes
· Well-developed analytical ability to extract insight from data and plan short and long term steps across multiple marketing mediums
· Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Premiere
· Photography and video editing skills are definite assets
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter with ref no. 017-020 by October 5, 2017 to:
Human Resources Officer
Dixie Bloor Neighbourhood Centre
3650 Dixie Rd. Suite 103, Mississauga, ON L4Y 3V9
Fax: (905) 629-0791