The Elizabeth Fry Society of Peel-Halton is committed to accessible hiring practices. Upon request, accommodation for applications with disabilities is available. If you are applying for this position and require accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your needs.
The Elizabeth Fry Society of Peel-Halton is dedicated to being a tireless and strong champion within the Peel-Halton Region for the appropriate and non-discriminatory delivery of programs and services to women and youth who are or may be at risk of coming into conflict with the law. As one of the leading experts in community responsive programs for women and youth, the values that continue to guide our work are accountability, advocacy, collaboration, fairness, innovation, and respect.
• Provides primary counselling, resource referrals, crisis intervention, conflict resolution and support to all residents
• Participates in the shift schedule rotation as part of our 24 hour staffing model, as well as an on-call rotation
• Maintains accurate and up-to-date records and statistics regarding all aspects of service delivery
• Be acquainted with each resident’s individual Plan of Care, identify needs, recommend changes in individual program plans, and provide assistance that is consistent with the overall plan for each individual
• Provides statistical and evaluative information to management levels when required
• Participates in the Case Management Team of Ellen House; Primary Counsellor(s), Manager of Ellen House, Parole Officer(s), Probation Officer(s), Duty Officer(s) and other Community Supports
• Provides primary supervision, develop Plans of Care and provide referrals to community agencies to assigned case load
• Other duties as assigned by the Residential Coordinator, Manager and/or designate
• Keeps abreast of trends, community resources and developments in the profession by participating in workshops, conferences, and continued professional development.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Manager or designate.
• 2-3 years of experience in a residential setting and/or educational background in a relevant field (Prior experience with adult females considered an asset)*
• Post-secondary education in social sciences or equivalent combination of knowledge and experience*
• Knowledge of MCSCS and CSC policies and procedures considered an asset
• Practical knowledge of gender specific/responsive programming; Assessment/counselling skills are essential
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with diverse community groups and other stakeholders in order to provide inter-agency and intra-agency networking and liaising ensuring the effective and efficient delivery of program services
• Awareness of and commitment to women’s issues with a thorough understanding of racism, classism, sexism, homophobia, violence against women and transgender issues
• Understanding of alcohol and drug use and related issues
• Experience working with communities who face multiple barriers such as poverty, discrimination, criminalization and lack of housing
• Practical knowledge and experience administering gender specific and responsive programming
• Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills with the ability to work well and collaborate with diverse community groups and other stakeholders (i.e. court personnel, external community agencies and other key supports in the community)
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• A valid CPR and First Aid Certification
• Proficiency in the French language is considered an asset
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to Lisa Zanon (Manager of Residential & Reintegration Services) - email@example.com by January 31st @ 4:30 PM. Internal applications (current employees, casual staff, students and/or volunteers) please indicate “internal applicant” in the subject line of your email application.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that the selected candidate will be required to submit to submit a CPIC and/or Vulnerable Sector Search prior to the commencement of the position.