We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Dixie Bloor Neighbourhood Centre is an equal opportunity employer
Programs offered are free of charge and responsive to the needs of the community.
· Deliver mandatory core services related to supporting early learning and development.
· Act as a resource for and a role model to program participants by providing opportunities to engage in reciprocal communication on healthy child development and early learning activities
· Plan and implement parenting programs that are relevant to the cultural sensitivities of our local community
· Provide information on and referrals to local family support programs, services, and resources
· Communicate and partner with other agencies providing supports to families
· Identify and address barriers to participation
· Support the participation of families with children with special needs
· Administrative duties associated with the program
· Maintain a co-operative working relationship with staff, placement students and volunteers
· Registered Early Childhood Education diploma/degree, Family Support Certification or other Post-Secondary education or training in a related discipline.
· Training in working with children with exceptionalities is an asset.
· A minimum of three (3) years working in a family resource setting
· Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
· Willingness to work some evenings and weekends
· Ability to lift up to 15 lbs and travel to our 3 local sites as necessary
· Self directed and independent with proven experience working effectively as part of a team
· Knowledge of family services in Peel Region
· Highly developed ability to plan and prioritize work
· Effective in working within a complex diverse multicultural setting
· Good computer skills
· Excellent oral communication and writing skills
· Second language is an asset
· Valid First Aid/CPR certificate
· Police check is mandatory
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter with ref no. 017-022
by Friday, October 27, 2017 to:
Human Resources Officer
Dixie Bloor Neighbourhood Centre
3650 Dixie Rd. Suite 103, Mississauga, ON L4Y 3V9
Fax: (905) 629-0791