Indus Community Services is an accredited, not-for-profit community benefit organization that has served local communities for over 32 years. We are a registered charity, supported by our donors and by all three levels of government. Through our professional staff, we are a leader in the provision of culturally appropriate services to newcomers, families, women & seniors.
Vision: Leaders in building strong and supportive communities.
Mission: Supporting our growing communities to manage change through quality client-centered social & health services and responsive public education.
Under the direction of the Director – Health Services, the incumbent is responsible for the daily oversight & supervision of staff and the activities of the Senior Services Program, ensuring that all processes are performed in a timely and efficient manner to provide a professional level of service. Responsibilities relate to site-supervision, coordination of activities of a multidisciplinary team, client programming, program planning, quality management and program standards, equipment/supplies/environment management, committee participation and internal communications.
Responsibilities and Duties: (but not limited to)
In conjunction with the Director – Health Services is responsible for ensuring the delivery of site-specific Adult Day, Senior’s Wellness and other Senior Services Programs which promote and/or maintain the client’s individualized social and recreational needs, abilities and interests.
* Assesses client’s needs in determining types of programs to be developed.
* Assesses the environment in relation to Program Standards and makes recommendations for change.
* Establishes goals for the program and sets priorities.
* Demonstrates a team approach in the planning, developing, implementing and evaluating of social and recreational programs.
* Ensures that individual programs are implemented in collaboration with the program staff, volunteers and student placements.
* Identifies ongoing staff education needs.
* Assesses for safe environment for clients to minimize risks to clients and staff.
* Coordinates the day to day planning, implementing and evaluating of programs.
* Maintains an open and active communication link to clients and families.
* Maintains and promotes a positive environment by respecting client’s rights and concerns and maintaining dignity and uniqueness.
* Is a role model in the provision of quality care by reinforcing mission, values, guiding principles, roles, objectives, policies and procedures to clients/families and staff.
* Conducts staff performance appraisals and is responsible for the adherence to all agency policies and procedures.
* Ensures the availability of competent and skilled staff necessary to provide and support quality care.
* Schedules staff and volunteers.
* Identifies staff performance issues and consults with the appropriate resource.
* Promotes quality improvement and risk management goals and initiatives with the program team.
* Provides leadership related to issues, trends, and programming on the Senior Services management team.
* Participates in the accreditation process and provides leadership to the team.
* Ensures that staff/volunteers are knowledgeable regarding proper use, storage and handling of equipment and hazardous materials and remain current with regard to Long Term Care Standards Requirements.
* Develops indicators and measures outcomes to evaluate the effectiveness of the programming.
* Evaluates services and programs in relation to program standards.
* Evaluates the changing needs in programming and/or human resources and makes recommendations to the Manager.
* Evaluates effectiveness of own communication with clients/family/visitors and team members.
* Integrates Indus’s mission, values and guiding principles into daily programming.
* Follows legislated requirements and ethical guidelines.
* Maintains confidentiality of all data and information related to clients, families, facility and the organization.
* Demonstrates leadership and promotes team to function in a professional manner, always encouraging client autonomy to preserve dignity and self-esteem and promote quality of life.
* Serves as a resource to staff and other health care professionals in the community.
* Collaborates with staff to identify, plan and facilitate implementation and evaluate orientation and employee development programs.
* Maintains knowledge of new developments in program areas, accessing training opportunities both within the organization and beyond.
* Participates in committee and project work.
* Establishes and maintains effective working relationships.
* Demonstrates fiscal responsibility in managing the operating budget assigned.
* Participate in staff and team meetings, and professional development opportunities as required
* Adopt safe work practices, reporting unsafe conditions immediately
* Perform other duties as required
* Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (such as Nursing, Human Services, Health Administration or Gerontology) with five years of progressive management/supervisory experience including administration, management and organization, program development, personnel management preferably in the non-profit, community services or health sector.
* Must have a genuine interest in health care especially of the frail elderly and disabled (geriatric population).
* Demonstrated leadership ability with comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices and techniques as they relate to long term care and or adult day programs.
* Knowledge of all federal and provincial legislations applicable to the voluntary and health sector organizations.
* Strong organization, interpersonal, communication, and relationship building skills.
* Possess a high degree of initiative, credibility, and decisiveness and are able to remain results-oriented at all times.
* Skilled in identifying and recommending problem resolution.
* Proven ability to complete projects successfully within deadline.
* Commitment to continuing self-development and continuous quality improvement.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English with the ability to present information in a positive and diplomatic manner.
* Ability to maintain confidential records and documentation, in addition to writing objective and descriptive notes.
* Proficiency in one or more South Asian languages is an asset.
* Strong attention to detail and flexible to deal with changing demands of the job.
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Internet, email and experience using a web-based database system is essential.
* Sensitivity to people from different socio-economic backgrounds with an equity lens.
* Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and to work from any one of Indus’s work-sites.
* Valid Driver’s License with own transportation a must.
* Current Criminal Record Check including Vulnerable Screening will be required.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application, including a complete resume of qualifications and experience, electronically to email@example.com by 12:00pm, September 3rd, 2017. Please ensure your application email has the subject heading of ‘Program Site Supervisor - (insert your name)’
This job posting is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Indus Community Services is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse populations we serve. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.