Reporting to: Director, Peel Newcomer Strategy Group
Contract Duration: March 31, 2018 (with renewal)
Peel Newcomer Strategy Group (PNSG) is a cross-sectoral collaborative of more than 23 partners dedicated to ensuring the successful integration of newcomers into all aspects of community life through a coordinated and integrated community plan. The initiative is chaired by the Region of Peel and ACCES Employment. Funding for this initiative has been received from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), Region of Peel, and United Way of Peel Region.
PNSG currently has four strategic priorities: Strengthen service coordination and planning across the region; Ensure accessible, client centered services for all newcomers; create a continuum of effective employment strategies; enhance the receptivity of the host community.
· Disseminate information quickly and effectively to the steering committee members, stakeholders and community partners.
· Develop and maintain databases, coordinate mailings and e-mail distributions and company newsletters to stakeholders and the community.
· Write, edit, format and distribute correspondence, reports, documents and presentations.
· Organize meetings and make travel arrangements as required.
· Attend meetings and take minutes when required.
· Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, preparing monthly claims to funder and annual cash flow to funder. Maintaining the expenditure files (i.e., invoices, salaries, staff claims).
· Manage and maintain the staff attendance records and travel claims.
· Maintaining the expenditure files for IRCC and preparing budget for the fiscal year.
· Processing Invoices for payment to the vendors.
· Administrative duties such as photocopying, filing, faxing scanning, preparing and sending out courier packages.
· Logistics for all PNSG events from booking of venue, sending out invites, coordinating activities on the agenda, room set-up and food, technical support to follow-up
· Managing and arranging the Director’s appointments, calendar, meetings and travel and hotel bookings when travel is necessary.
· Overseeing and maintaining the effective and smooth functioning of the office such as ordering office supplies, newspapers and magazines, coffee, tea, milk, water, lighting and temperature in the office, telephones, printer, computers, rent and parking.
· Other duties as assigned to support the implementation of the Peel LIP Strategy
· Post-secondary education or equivalent experience
· Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in an administrative role
· Experience in understanding and working with financial statements
· Excellent organizational skills
· Excellent Microsoft office skills (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook)
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills
· Experience taking and transcribing minutes
· Experience writing, editing and proofreading letters and documents
· Ability to work accurately and to pay attention to detail
· Ability to input data to spreadsheets and to carry out analysis
· Strong ability to prioritize multiple tasks and manage time effectively
· Able to relate to a diverse population
· Must be dependable, reliable and maintain confidentiality
· Willingness to work flexible hours, evenings and weekends at times
Qualified individuals are invited to submit their written expression of interest via e-mail, fax or mail by Wednesday, May 31, 2017 at 4:30pm to:
Human Resources Manager
United Way of Peel Region
90 Burnhamthorpe Road W., Suite 408, PO Box 58,
Mississauga, Ont. L5B 3C3
Thank you to all applicants for your interest in this position.
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
United Way of Peel Region is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to hiring a workforce inclusive of the diverse population it serves. United Way of Peel Region promotes the principles of diversity and equity and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
This job ad is available in an alternative format upon request. If you are a person with a disability and require technical aids or alternate arrangements for tests or interviews, please advise us of these needs when you are contacted for an interview.