Name of agency: Our Place Peel
Position type: Volunteer
Our Place Peel is presently accepting applications from individuals who have an interest in serving on the organization's Board of Directors or to join its sub committees as a community member. We are currently looking for individuals with experience in Accounting (CPA) and/or Government Relations.
Purpose: To advise, govern, oversee policy and strategic direction, and assist with the leadership and general promotion of Our Place Peel to support the organization’s mission.
Application deadline: 03.06.2017
About the agency:
Our Place Peel is committed to providing shelter, support and hope to youth aged 16-21 in the Region of Peel who are at risk of homelessness.
- Organizational leadership and advisement
- Committed to the organizations strategic directions
- Formulation and oversight of policies and procedures
- Financial management, including adoption and oversight of the annual budget
- Prepare for and participate in the discussions and the deliberations of the Board
- Establish vision and overall long and short term goals, strategy, objectives and priorities for Our Place Peel in meeting the needs of the community
- Be aware and abstain from any conflict of interest
- Responsible for taking part in fundraising responsibilities
Meetings and time commitment:
- The board of directors typically meets 7 times per year, September through June on the third Tuesday of the month from 6:30-8:30pm.
- Committees of the board meet an average of four times per year, pending their respective work agenda.
- A time commitment of approximately 4 hours per month, (includes Board preparation, meeting and committee meeting time)
Expectations of Board Members:
- Attend and participate in meetings on a regular basis, and special events as able.
- Participate on a standing committee of the board, and serve on ad-hoc committees as necessary.
- Assist in communicating and promoting Our Place Peel’s mission and programs to the community.
- Become familiar with Our Place Peel finances, budget, and financial/resource needs.
- Understand the policies and procedures of Our Place Peel.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of Our Place Peel through a regular review of programs and services, budget, and the Executive Director.
- Financially support Our Place Peel in a manner commensurate with one’s ability.
We are currently looking for individuals with experience in Accounting (CPA) and/or Government Relations.
Job Contact Information:
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to Christy Upshall, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org, for further information, please visit our website at www.ourplacepeel.org